Magnifying Burning Glass
A powerful, compact magnifying lens also known as a burning glass, is a convex lens that is able to concentrate the Suns rays into a focused beam.
- 12x Magnification
- Convex Sun Lens (domed on both sides)
- Size: 50mm (2")
- High quality optical glass
This beam (providing there is good Sunlight) is capable of heating up an area of appropriate tinder in order to generate an ember for fire starting. Solar fire lighting can be a very rewarding and fairly simple way of lighting a fire outdoors. Includes a small drawstring pouch to keep the lens from scratching. This is the same lens size and style seen on Hudson Bay Tinder Box's.
- 1x Glass Magnifying Lens (50mm)
- 1x Small Drawstring Protective Pouch
- All smoke is carcinogenic, so take care not to inhale it when handling, blowing and creating your fire.
- Always seek permission and obey the laws within your specific county and/or country when pursuing these kinds of activities.
We recommend the following safety precautions be taken when carrying out the practical activities using our equipment. These are:
- Care should be taken with our flint as it is 'knapped' to have a very sharp edge.
- Wear eye protection.
- Wear protective gloves (e.g. well-fitting leather work gloves)
- Not suitable for children (equipment should be kept in a secure place)
Any additional items featured within our product photography are purely to show context/ the item in use and are not included in the sale. Refer to 'Package Contents' if there is any confusion over what you are purchasing. If in doubt, you can always contact us too on: email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
A lot of our kits and setups contain Firecraft: Vol 1 - The contents of this booklet as well as instructions & visual aids are to be used as general information only, and any activities perused by the reader are done so at their own risk. When in doubt seek professional tutorage at a reputable outdoor or bushcraft school.
This guide describes the use of cutting tools and fire creation and is therefore unsuitable for children.
Any additional items featured within our product photography are purely to show context and the item in use and are not included in the sale. Refer to 'Package Contents' if there is any confusion over what you are purchasing. If in doubt, you can always contact us too on: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If purchasing leather items: All leather pouches are handmade using natural materials, this means that growth-marks and scars may be visible on the leather, along with variations in antler size, shape and colour, making each pouch unique.
We offer a satisfaction guarantee or your money back.